Featured Boutique Hotels
Miami Travel Guide
When to Go
If you hate the chilly temps, Miami is a great place to visit year-round. January to April is peak season, when visitors from colder U.S. regions flock to the sun. Summers (June to August) mean school-age kids and their families are vacationing, and temperatures and humidity are high and uncomfortable for some. Avoid crowds and go in September- October, as well as February. March – May brings spring breakers, but also cooler temps, nice breezes and is our favorite time to visit.
Festivals & Celebrations
- January: Art Deco Weekend – Cultural festival celebrating Miami’s Art Deco heritage. Over 85 events, including a classic car show, retro fashion show, kids’ events, lectures, Art Deco building tours, food, and music.
- February: South Beach Wine and Food Festival (SOBEWFF) – Huge 5-day destination event and one of the largest food festivals in the U.S. Meet celebrity chefs, some of the world’s best wine and spirit producers, and enjoy over 100 unique events.
- February: Miami International Boat Show – World’s premier boat show with over 1,400 boats, the latest in boating technology and marine products, seminars, on-water boating classes, and meet and greets with the industry’s top sailors.
- March: Carnaval Miami/Calle Ocho- Largest Hispanic festival in the U.S. and part of Carnaval Miami. 20 blocks of Latin and Caribbean food and drinks, music, dancing, art and more.
- March: Miami International Film Festival – A 10-day event showcasing thought-provoking national and international films, with a focus on Ibero-American works.
- December: Art Basel Miami Beach – International art fair and part of Miami Art Week. Features over 250 of the world’s best art galleries and attracts celebrities, artists, collectors, and critics alike.
- Wynwood Walls – Outdoor museum of ever-changing and colorful and monochrome murals by street artists. Many visitors come just for the perfect shot.
- Ocean Drive – So many great photo spots here with the Art Deco buildings, classic cars, and neon. Check out the iconic Colony Hotel at night.
- Venetian Causeway – Series of bridges crossing Biscayne Bay. Stunning panoramic shots. Especially lovely at night with a full moon.
- Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science- An all-in-one planetarium, aquarium, and science museum. Check out the iridescent glow of the jellyfish.
- South Beach Lifeguard Stands – These iconic, colorful, and whimsical wooden structures are almost guaranteed to give you a follower boost.
- Calle Ocho- Colorful street in Little Havana full of restaurants, cigar shops, and cafes for loads of great pics. Check out the multi-colored giant roosters.
MIAMI Video Tour
Miami is synonymous with partying, from South Beach to downtown. But lately, Miami has been highlighting its cultural offerings even more. Art galleries abound, in the Design District and beyond, and Art Basel is better than ever. The famous Miami weather means plenty of snorkeling, manatee spotting off Virginia Key, and surfing lessons for the whole family.
There’s a museum for every taste, from the opulent Vizcaya Museum and Gardens to the fascinating Frost Museum of Science. And the Latin and Caribbean influences can be found far beyond Little Havana, with live music, delicious foods (from fancy restaurants to food trucks), and public art celebrating Miami’s melting pot of cultures. And be sure to immerse yourself in the Spanish language in Hialeah and get a taste of the Mediterranean in Coral Gables.
Our Miami travel blog is where we’ll be talking about what makes the city unique. We’ll cover topics like: Miami restaurants and bars; things to do in Asheville with kids; best places in Miami for nature lovers, history buffs, and romantics; how to do Miami like a local; and a lot of random yet interesting tidbits about the city and its surrounding areas.
And if you can’t find what you’re looking for, please be patient. We’re growing and working on adding good stuff we think you’ll love.
Things to Do in Miami that Don’t Involve Sand Butt crack sand can be a real bummer. And while no Miami vacation would be complete without hitting some of the stellar beaches,...
A good boutique hotel has a twist of style and a pinch of pizzaz. And, of course, an extra dose of personality that makes your stay unique. Best of all, you'll get personalized...
All About Glamping If anyone ever asks you, “Hey, you wanna go glamping?” drop whatever it is you’re doing, clear your schedule, (call in sick if you have to… like for a week),...