Charleston, SC – Boutique Hotels & More
Looking for a destination that exudes charm and captivates visitors with its cobblestone streets, Antebellum architecture, and a genteel air? A city revered for its world-class restaurants, rich history, and luxury accommodations? Then grab your bags and get ready for Charleston.
Charleston has racked up more awards and accolades than we can count; and each is certainly well deserved. Rich culture, an eclectic arts scene, and some of the best culinary delights in the U.S. make the Holy City a consistent traveler favorite. And did we mention the pristine beaches and seemingly endless shopping? Everything in Charleston, SC is served up with a generous helping of southern charm you’re bound to love.
One of the best things about this coastal getaway is the large number of Charleston boutique hotels. These independently owned and operated accommodations offer a unique peek into the past while pampering guests with modern amenities. We love easing into the laid-back yet classy Lowcountry lifestyle that’s celebrated at the absolute best boutique hotels in Charleston, SC. And we’re pretty sure you’ll love it too.
Featured Boutique Hotels
Some of our favorite boutique hotels in Charleston, SC are those whose graceful architecture has witnessed some key moments in the U.S. and world history. Renowned works by famous poets have been penned. Presidents and royalty have gathered. Socialites have set risque trends. Industry titans have shaken hands. And while your weekend getaway might not make this much history, one thing’s for sure: The memories you and your special guest(s) make here will be far from ordinary.
What makes these luxury boutique hotels Charleston, SC so refreshingly unique is their ability to transport you back in time while delighting you with modern indulgences. Many properties have been painstakingly restored to honor their original design. Intricate millwork mantels, ornate piazzas, antique crystal chandeliers, and vintage artwork and more abound in these remarkable properties. Add to that fine Italian linens, a heated saltwater pool, your own personal butler, and a luxurious onsite spa and you have the makings of an unforgettable stay.
The Spectator Hotel
The Palms Oceanfront
- New saline pool and sun deck
- Newly renovated
- Beachfront views
- Oceanfront hotel
- Outdoor showers
- Lobby breakfast bar
- Complimentary continental breakfast
- Parking available for a small fee
- ADA accessibility & features
Book The Palms Oceanfront Home » Boutique Hotels » Charleston Boutique Hotels » The Palms Oceanfront No worries, we want you to book a truly unique stay while experiencing all that Charleston, SC offers. We have more LAND & NEST Featured Boutique Hotels and Charleston Boutique Hotels for you. Enjoy your trip!Keep In Touch There are ...
The Vendue Charleston
Charleston Travel Guide
When to Go
As a general rule, March to May and September to November are the best times to visit Charleston if you don’t like hot weather. However, note that spring brings Easter and crowds hitting the water for vacation and to enjoy the blooming magnolia trees. Temperatures and humidity can both be high in the summer, although many visitors love Charleston summers near the water. Fall weather isperfect for walking and biking activities. Late fall and early winter mean fewer crowds.
Festivals & Celebrations
- January: Lowcountry Oyster Festival. The world’s largest oysterfest and one of the “Top 20 Events in the Southeast.” 80,000 pounds of oysters, shucking and eating contests, live music, and more.
- March: Charleston Fashion Week- CFW is one of the premier fashion weeks in North America, showcasing emerging talent in fashion design and modeling. Many past designers have skyrocketed to fame.
- March: Charleston Wine and Food Festival: Annual celebration of the city’s culinary excellence and renowned culture. Attracts chefs, authors, winemakers, and foodies from around the globe.
- Spring: Spoleto Festival USA. For 17 days and nights from Memorial Day through the first week of June. One of the U.S.’s major performing arts festivals and counterpart to the Festival of Two Worlds in Spoleto, Italy.
- September or October: MOJA Arts Festival – Consistently a “Top 20 Events in the Southeast” that celebrates African-American and Caribbean music, visual arts, storytelling, crafts, and more.
- October: The Fall Tours of Homes, History, and Architecture – Annual event 40+ years running. Curated garden walks, talks, and tours. Experience the city’s architecturally significant private houses and churches, intimate gardens, churches, and public buildings.
- Rainbow Row- An Iconic row of historic bright pastel-colored houses dating to 1740. Beautiful Georgian architecture, colorful window boxes with blooms, classic Charleston.
- Pineapple Fountain – A huge symbol of welcome located in Waterfront Park. Pineapples are ubiquitous here, as is true Southern hospitality.
- Leon’s Oyster Shop – Charmingly vintage and nationally-recognized restaurant in a rehabbed body shop. To-die-for seafood and fried chicken.
- Ravenel Bridge – Architectural marvel that was once the longest cable-stayed span bridge in the U.S. Best pics at sunrise and sunset.
- Angel Oak – Massive tree on Johns Island near Charleston. Stands 66.5’ tall and estimated to be 400-500 years old. One of the oldest living things in the U.S.
|Airport Name||City||Airport Code||Distance from City||Airlines|
|Charleston International Airport||Charleston, SC||CHS||10.56 mi.||CHS Airline Directory|
Charleston International Airport
Distance from City
CHS Airline Directory
CHARLESTON Video Tour
Charleston just may be the most enchanting city in the U.S. Step back in time with a walking tour or horse-drawn carriage ride past centuries-old mansions along The Battery, a must-see spot in the city’s southern tip. Or try your hand at stand up paddleboarding, kayaking, or book a thrilling dolphin tour. Did you know that going to a restaurant here is an adventure in itself? That’s right, Charleston is consistently named one of the country’s top culinary destinations.
And speaking of destinations, head to the nearby hotspots like Folly Beach, Sulivan’s Island, or Isle of Palms for a stellar day trip. Be sure to take back a souvenir or two; you’ll have plenty of shopping choices with everything from top name brands to one-of-a-kind boutiques. Check out what Charleston has to offer.
Our Charleston travel blog is where we’ll be talking about what makes the city unique. We’ll cover topics like: Charleston restaurants and bars; things to do in Charleston with kids; best places in Charleston for nature lovers, history buffs, and romantics; how to do Charleston like a local; and a lot of random yet interesting tidbits about the city and its surrounding areas.
And if you can’t find what you’re looking for, please be patient. We’re growing and working on adding good stuff we think you’ll love.
Top 9 Rooftop Bars in Charleston
Whether you’re topping off the night or looking to do a little day drinking, Charleston is a good place to be. Nicknamed the Holy City for the large number of churches, there’s...
Best Ways to Experience Gullah Culture in Charleston
If you find yourself in the vibrant city of Charleston, SC, it won’t be long before you hear the word “Gullah.” It may be in the context of the Gullah language if you hear a few...
Kiawah Island: The Perfect Balance of Leisure and Luxury
Kiawah Island: The Perfect Balance of Leisure and Luxury Just off the coast of the charming city of Charleston, SC, you’ll find Kiawah Island, an upscale yet relaxed oasis known...
Other Places To Explore
More Locations to Come